Over 70% of business owners use a smartphone.
New research from Three finds that half of business owners believe their phone is the most important piece of technology that allows them to do their job.
16th January 2015: Seven in ten business owners use smartphone technology for their business needs and half believe that their smartphone is the single most important piece of technology allowing them to do their job, according to research commissioned by Three Ireland.
The survey, conducted by independent polling firm Behaviour and Attitudes, of 350 Irish businesses, selected to reflect the different sized businesses in Ireland proportionately, showed the importance of mobile technology and how Irish businesses are relying on it more and more.
Commenting on the findings, Eoin MacManus, Business Director at Three said, “A smartphone is one of the most vital tools that a business owner can have according to our research. A smartphone is seen as not just a phone: Business owners are using them to check email, manage schedules, stay up-to-date with industry news and trends as well as keeping in touch with colleagues. Almost a half of business owners are using business apps to help manage banking as well as CRM and even payroll while on the move, and four in ten report that technological developments are responsible for business growth. What is becoming increasingly pertinent is the security and manageability of their mobiles due to the amount of sensitive data that might be contained on one. Our survey suggests that mobile technology is a key component to businesses adapting and thriving in the modern economy.
- 71% of businesses owners use a smartphone or blackberry technology for their business needs
- Almost all (99%) use it for general communications
- 85% of business owners use it for checking and responding to emails and 35% say they will use it more frequently in the next 12 months.
- 67% use it to stay in touch with remote teams/personnel
- 61% use it to stay up to date with research and trends relevant to their business
- 45% are using business apps such as business banking, CRM and Payroll and 39% say they will use it more in the next 12 months
- 44% are tethering – using phone internet connection to access internet on PC/Laptop/Tablet and 31% say they will use it more in the next 12 months
- Almost a third (32%) using it for VoIP (Skype/Viber) for international calls and 27% say they will use it more in the next 12 months
- Half of business owners (48%) believe the smartphone is the single most important piece of technology allowing them to do their job
- 46% of business owners favour smartphone over other devices when trying to get work done while on the move
- 42% of business owners say technological developments are responsible for business growth
- 6 in 10 business (61%) owners are more concerned about hacking through their PCs, laptops and smartphones, than they were a year ago. Medium sized companies being most concerned at 67% and larger companies less concerned at (53%)
Three Ireland, which recently acquired O2, offers business customers a market-leading range of mobile, fixed, and ICT services backed up by excellent value and an award-winning business care centre in Limerick.