3, Ireland’s market leader in mobile broadband, today announced details of its latest poll revealing 67% of participants felt the internet had made it easier to find love. With more people than ever finding love online, Facebook and Twitter have become the tools of choice for many of those surveyed, with 18% saying they have used either platform to ask someone on a date!
The survey marks the launch of 3’s ‘No Strings Attached’ mobile broadband campaign. The market leader in mobile broadband, 3, announced that it has now surpassed 190,000 mobile broadband customers and demonstrates how easy it is to get online with no landline, no bills and no bother. 3 customers can purchase a handy USB modem, purchase 3Pay credit, plug the modem into a laptop or computer and be online in seconds.
The lifestyle survey showed 50% of those surveyed would like to be in an open relationship with no strings attached. In fact, of those surveyed, a surprising 47% have already enjoyed open relationships, with women more likely than men to see an open relationship turn into a long term commitment. Of the celebrities included in the survey, 54% of males would choose Angeline Jolie as their ideal celeb date with Scarlett Johansson a distant second. From a female perspective it was a much closer call with George Clooney just edging it from Brad Pitt.
When looking at the qualities which make up the ideal partner the sexes both agreed (68%) that personality was king with 32% putting the emphasis on physical attraction, however it was a much closer call for men than it was for women. When it comes to being faithful men were by far the worst offenders with 67% admitting they had been unfaithful whilst in a committed relationship and 32% of females admitting the same, a point possibly reflected in the results which showed men had more of a preference to open relationships than women.
3’s Lifestyle survey found:-
- 80% of men feel that the internet has made it easier to find love
- 51% of women feel that the internet has made it easier to find love
- 9% have or would go on a date with someone they met online
- 46% have asked someone out via text
- 18% have used facebook or twitter to ask someone out
- 3% of those surveyed admit to having used an online dating site
- 47% have been in a ‘No Strings’ relationship
- 62% of men would like an open relationship
- 39% of women would like an open relationship
- 67% of men have been unfaithful whilst in a committed relationship
- 32% of women have been unfaithful whilst in a committed relationship
- 40% of men would date their best friends ex
- 26% of women would date their best friends ex
For full details of great offers from 3, see three.ie or visit your local 3Store or stockist