3, Ireland’s largest high-speed network, has reached a major milestone in its rollout of world-leading broadband technology in Cork. The county is one of the first in Ireland to reach 81% connectivity under the National Broadband Scheme. 3 is currently in the middle of the Big Broadband Switch On, connecting the unconnected throughout Ireland.
Homes and businesses across Cork County can now get connected to 3’s broadband offering which provides a minimum download speed of 1.2Mbps on the edge of cell. 3’s service through the National Broadband Scheme costs just €19.99 per month for 15GB, with a once-off connection fee of €49.
This connectivity enables businesses in NBS areas of Cork to make the most of high speed internet, email and additional services, giving them access to local and global markets and improving efficiencies and revenues.
Home users now have access to high-speed mobile broadband, where they can do everything they always wanted to do on the internet, whether it’s downloading music, surfing the web, checking emails or making free Skype calls abroad.
Damien Gallagher National Broadband Scheme Project Director at 3 commented: “3 is delighted to announce that Cork is one of the first counties in Ireland to reach 81% connectivity under the National Broadband Scheme. We are currently in the middle of the rollout for these high-speed broadband services and 3 is ensuring that consumers and businesses alike have access to the highest quality broadband services with an enhanced customer experience.”
Emphasising the importance of broadband services for Cork, Gallagher continued, “We at 3 are delighted to be able to bring access to the internet to the unconnected in Ireland. 3 believes it is the fundamental right for every person in Ireland to have access to the internet and, in the current climate, it has never been more important for people and businesses in Cork to be connected”.
“Looking ahead, 3 will continue in its role in facilitating rural development and sustaining Ireland’s regional economies and we are on target to have full network coverage in all NBS areas by the end of 2010.”
Interested in getting connected? Simply pop-in to any of the following stores in Cork to pick up your 3 broadband:
- 3Store Cork, 109 Patrick Street, Cork
- Novatel Commuinications – 24 Main Street, Buttevait, Co. Cork
- Tara Telecom – 50 Main Street, Mallow, Co. Cork
- Fones 4U – Pearse Square, Fermoy; 34, Pearse St, Clonakilty; 2 Roxboro Mews, Main St, Midleton; Main St, Mitchellstown; Main St Youghal
- South West – Main Street Castletown Bere Co Cork
- Teddy Obrien – Tone Square, Bantry, Cork
- Dolphin Mobiles – Dunmanway, Co Cork
- Niamh Barrett Computers Ltd – 160 West End, Mallow; Chapel Street, Charleville
- SoundStore Wilton (BPI) – Sarsfield Road, Wilton
- SoundStore Blackpool (BPI) – Blackpool Shopping Centre, Blackpool
- SoundStore Plunkett st (BPI) – 92 Oliver Plunkett St Cork
- Carphone Warehouse – 12 South Main Street, Bandon; 18 Main Street, Midleton; 119 Patrick Street, Cork; 79 Patrick Street, Cork; Unit 23D Wilton Shopping Centre, Cork; Unit 36, Blackpool Shopping Centre, Blackpool, Cork; Unit 6 Ballincollig Shopping Centre , Cork
Alternatively, you can contact 3 on 1800 944 791 to order your broadband.
3 was awarded the National Broadband Scheme contract by the Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources to provide access to affordable, scalable broadband services to rural areas, many of which do not currently have any broadband service. The National Broadband Scheme sees an estimated €223m in investment by 3 of which a maximum of €79.8m will be contributed by the Government and EU.
As part of the National Broadband Scheme roll-out, 3 is deploying world-class broadband technology which combines the very best of fixed line broadband connectivity with the flexibility of a mobile device. Nokia Siemens Networks powers 3’s mobile broadband services using the most advanced technologies available in the world today.
For more information, visit www.three.ie or contact 3’s customer service team on 1800 944 791 to order your 3 broadband.