Three host the ultimate festival of football at ‘Three on the Quay’ George’s Dock, IFSC.
Thursday 07th June 2012 – Three, Ireland’s largest high speed network and proud supporter of the Irish football team, is calling on football fans nationwide to show their support for the boys in green by coming down to Three on the Quay this Sunday for the first of Ireland’s Euro 2012 matches!
Three on the Quay, which will take place at George’s Dock, IFSC on Sunday the 10th, Thursday 14th and Monday 18th June, will be the ultimate fanzone where it’s anticipated over 5000 Ireland fans will gather to watch each of the matches on a massive 60m2 screen and show their support for Trap’ and his men.
Three on the Quay will open from 5pm, with a host of entertainment; food and drinks concessions, penalty shoot-out games, a climbing wall and bungee run as well as street performers, and face-painting. There’ll even be free ice-creams handed out between 5pm and 6pm while Today FM’s Phil Cawley will be MC on the evening and will be giving away some fantastic prizes on behalf of Three. Fans can also show their support on the night and display their messages on the big screen by using the hashtag #supportworks via Twitter.
The events will be the culmination of all the pre match excitement, in what will make for an explosive evening of entertainment with a nail-biting and exciting atmosphere.
Elaine Carey, Sales and Marketing Director at Three, said: “With just three days to go until kick-off we’re very excited about Three on the Quay. Interest in the events has been phenomenal and the atmosphere is sure to be electric over the three dates. Three on the Quay will be a great finale for our Support Works campaign, which focuses on the vital role the supporters will play this summer, especially those supporters who cannot make it over to Poland. Our campaign is focused on rallying support for the team and to bring them closer to their heroes giving fans the chance to show “Support Works”, so show your support and come down to Three on The Quay.”
What you will see at Three on the Quay
– Aside from the 5000 fans? A massive 60m2 screen showing all the action from Poznan and also fan messages via Twitter with the #supportworks
– Your host DJ Phil Cawley giving away some great spot prizes
– Lots of entertainment including a penalty shoot-out area, a climbing wall, a bungee run, drummers and jugglers, stilt walkers, face painters, an EA Sports games tent and much more.
– Food and beverage stands to get you through the game
Top tips when heading to Three on the Quay
– Find the Three Ice cream van and cool off with a free cone from 5-6pm
– Don’t worry if the heavens open. Three brand ambassadors will be at the ready with a stash of ponchos!
– Get there in style and flag down a Three branded Eco cab or get a 20% discount by quoting ‘Three on the Quay’ to VIP taxis.
– Stay hungry because there’ll be lots of areas offering superior food solutions to fill you up