Dublin, Wednesday 5th September 2012: Three, proud sponsors of the Irish National football team are asking football fans nationwide to vote for their favourite ‘Trapattism’ ahead of the team’s away match to Kazakhstan this Friday. Three, with the help of Trapattoni’s right-hand woman, interpreter Manuela Spinelli, have handpicked six of their favourite classic lines from the man himself.
Amongst the funny quotes are: “If you can’t win, it’s important to no lose” and “In Ireland it rains twice a week, once for 3 days and the other for 4 days.”
Those who take part in the poll on the 3football facebook page will automatically go forward to win a pair of tickets to see Ireland take on Germany in their other World Cup qualifier at the Aviva Stadium on October 12th and receive a signed jersey from the team.
Sharon McHugh, Communications Manager at Three said: “Who better to hand-pick Trapattoni’s funniest phrases than Manuela Spinelli. Trap’ has come out with some classic lines in his time. We all remember ‘the cat in the sack’ but the ones included in our 3football facebook poll are definitely some of the best! It’s now up to the fans to decide which one is their all time favourite Trapattism.”
1. If you can’t win, it’s important you no lose.
2. There are three certainties in life: you born, you live, you die.
3. In Italy we have colourful ties so when there is fog, cars don’t run you over.
4. I need Aladdin lamp to find players.
5. I am like a cow with 15 litres of milk and you have taken 20 out of me.
6. In Ireland it rains twice a week, once for 3 days and the other for 4 days.