According to new statistics from Three, Ireland’s largest high speed network, Dublin mammies are desperate to have their sons and daughters return home from Australia this Christmas.

As part of its Christmas campaign which is centred around bringing everyone closer, the mobile giant is offering a fantastic competition, whereby 3 people from 3 different continents will be flown home to spend Christmas with their family in Ireland, all thanks to Three.

All people have to do to enter is go to www.threeticketshome.ie and nominate their family member along with reasons why they should be chosen. Six finalists will then be chosen and go head-to-head on Today FM with Tony Fenton for the ultimate prize – a ticket home.

Since the competition launched on Monday, Three has seen an incredible uptake from people longing for their loved ones this Christmas. Over 500 people have entered the competition so far. Of those 500, 40% are living in Dublin, with the other 60% scattered around the country. 20% of those putting forward their loved ones are Irish mammies while more than half of the people being nominated on the site are based in Australia.

Other nominees include people living in Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Poland and Pakistan.

Speaking about Three’s new ‘Three tickets home’ competition, Sharon McHugh, Communications Manager for Three said: “We decided to run the Three tickets home competition to complement our Christmas campaign which highlights the importance of staying in touch, not just at Christmas but the whole year through. It’s all about bringing everyone closer, and what better way to do it than by literally flying someone home! We knew we’d see a phenomenal level of interest but so far it’s Irish mammies who are leading the way in the race to bring their young home for Christmas.”

Some of the top reasons to bring someone home on the ‘Three Tickets Home’ website include ‘Gift Generosity’, ‘Karaoke Skills’, ‘Washing up capability’ and ‘Turkey carving skills’! For more information on how you can nominate your loved one to be flown home courtesy of Three this Christmas, visit www.threeticketshome.ie.

Statistics from Three’s ‘Three Tickets Home’ competition

Top Counties nominating are:  

40%    Dublin

9%      Cork

5%      Limerick

5%      Meath

5%      Tipperary

5%      Wicklow

31%    Other counties

Top nominators:

3%      Aunt

10%    Best Friend

1%      Boyfriend

14%    Brother

7%      Daughter

7%      Father

3%      Girlfriend

2%      Grandparent

20%    Mother

1%      Nephew

1%      Niece

8%      Other

3%      Partner

15%    Sister

4%      Son

1%      Uncle

Top countries nominated:

51%    Australia

8%      New Zealand

6%      Canada

4%      Poland

31%    Other countries

  

– ENDS –

 

For more information please contact:

 Sharon McHugh

Communications Manager

083 1095 291

Sharon.mchugh@three.ie

 

 

 Follow Three

Follow us on Twitter: @3_news

Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/3Ireland

Follow us on Youtube: www.youtube.com/threeireland